SPINACH BALLS – EASY AND HEALTHY APPETIZER
Did I said that those cute spinach balls appetizer are SUPER EASY to make ? All you need is 6 basics ingredients:
- Spinach – fresh or frozen
- Grated cheese of your choice – I probably tried 10 different sort of hard grated cheese and all goes well. My favorite are emmental, cheddar and mozzarella
- Panko crumbs – gluten free or not as you like
- Fresh herbs – parsley or coriander are my favorite
- Garlic salt – or fresh garlic and salt but I am lazy sometime and both result in a delicious spinach ball
This is a NO FAIL recipe. If you have got a large mixing bowl and you are not scared to get your hands a bit dirty, here you go! You are few minutes away of making the most delicious spinach balls for your next party.
MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZE WELL !
What I really love about those simple spinach balls is that you can make them ahead and freeze? With my busy 2 year old running around the house all I (don’t) have is time to make fresh meals everyday. That is another thing I love about this recipe. I can easily froze those spinach balls. I started this blog 3 years ago to show how to feed my family for health. But I won’t lie to you! While I cook all our meals LOTS of them goes to the freezer.
- Freeze this spinach balls appetizer recipe on a plate covered with parchment paper
- Leave half thumb space between each spinach balls to avoid them to stick together
- After an hour they are hard enough to be transferred into an airtight plastic box
- Keep in the freezer up to 3 months !